Monday, February 19, 2007

Death Upon Me

It all began with my husband (Brent) and me planning a camping trip with friends. (For the sake of this dream, I am going to consider them as friends seeing we carried on conversations as if we knew each other from way back, even though I could not place the faces.) We were gathering all of the necessary supplies in our dark basement. I distinctly remember the shag brown and green carpet and the dust smell that lingered in the air. The basement contained no windows so the only light was a fluorescent bulb that made an obnoxious buzz. The smoke was so thick that we had to push our hands to create a pathway through the basement to the stairs. We had an abundance of bags; it seemed, to go on a one-night camping trip to a cabin.
Shift in location…
There was a group of people sitting around the camp fire on the same shag carpet that was in the basement of the house. I couldn’t make out the faces of the people and it almost seemed as if we were being guarded. I can remember the large man that played the bongo drum in the corner of the circle. Some people were dancing and others were talking in a hushed voice. (Which at the time seemed odd seeing the drum was very difficult to block out). I was an outsider looking on. My husband was no longer present.
Time passed…
With no warning a man went into convulsions on the ground. The drumming got louder and the intensity of the scene made my stomach hurt. I was crying for help but few people even noticed what was happening. I was holding the man’s head as he began to pass out or die. I am not sure what was really going on.
Shift in location…
Now I am lying quietly underneath a cedar deck peering through the cracks at the men I previously though were guarding the group. They were talking about the pills that I slipped into everyone’s drinks. They planned to do worse then simply kill me, when they located me. The men paced the deck planning my torture, until I woke up.

No comments: