Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A Dreamer's Dream...

A Maze of Creepy Faces

It went something like this… I’m not quite sure exactly what the place was or how I ended up there, but my mom and I entered a room filled with a trampoline and balls. It was similar to one of the blow up castles that you see at children’s birthdays. I entered with reluctance. My mom on the other hand dove right in doing a “butt-sit”. We butt-sit our way across the room until we landed on a piece of vibrant red carpet.

We walked through the tall door-way into a room filled with a cathedral ceiling and the most elaborate chandelier. At times the reflection of the light and glass made the room so bright that I had to shield my eyes from the glare. People were running, dancing, talking, and laughing all around. It appeared to be straight out of Las Vegas with the slot machines being replaced by doors. I once again entered the room with reluctance. My mom she headed straight to her door of choice and waved good-bye. It wasn’t really a wave but a hand raise and a smile.

I on the other hand observed the rooms closely and picked the room that said “babies”. I entered into a long skinny hall with yet more doors. I chose the one closest to me. I was beginning to get nervous and anxious and I felt like I needed to hide. Once inside the room the twenty foot ceilings were lined with Cabbage Patch dolls. They were everywhere. Boys, girls, twins, black ones, blue ones, you name it they were there. The difference was in the smile. They all looked down on me standing in the middle of the room with their own identifiable smirk. I turned a circle meeting each of their expressions and jolted myself out of sleep.

No comments: